Connecting Zova with Apple Watch
Before you connect
Before you connect Apple Watch it's important to make sure you have completed the following steps:
- You have installed Zova on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- You have created a Profile and are logged into your Profile on all devices.
- You have connected Apple Health on your iPhone and turned on 'All Categories' when prompted.
- You have enabled Local Network access on iPhone and iPad. Check this from the Settings app > Privacy > Local Network.
- You have enabled Bluetooth on your iPhone, and Apple Watch.
- You have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later.
Connecting with iPhone
As soon as you start a workout on your iPhone, Zova's Apple Watch app should automatically open and display your Heart Zones. If Zova doesn't automatically start please:
- Force quit Zova on your iPhone. If you don't know how here's instructions.
- Force quit Zova on your Apple Watch. To do this, open Zova then press and hold the side button to reveal the power options. From here, press and hold the Digital Crown to quit Zova.
After you have force quit Zova on both devices, open Zova on iPhone and start your workout again. If the Watch app doesn't immediately start, open Zova on your Apple Watch and your heart rate will display. If it doesn't, please contact us.
Connecting with iPad
Connecting on iPad is easy, however before you do make sure:
- You are logged into the same Profile on iPad and iPhone.
- Your iPhone is in the same room (this is because your heart rate travels to your iPad via iPhone).
- Make sure Personal Hotspot is turned off.
Connecting with Apple TV
Connecting on Apple TV is easy, however before you do please make sure:
- You are logged into the same Profile on Apple TV and iPhone.
- Your iPhone is in the same room (this is because your heart rate travels to your Apple TV via iPhone).
- If you have an iPad, make sure it does not have Zova open when trying to sync with Apple TV.
Still won't connect?
If you have completed the steps above and Zova still does't display your heart rate, please turn your devices off then on and try again. If it still doesn't work, please contact us.