Connecting Zova with Apple Watch
Before you connect
Before you connect Apple Watch it's important to make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Make sure Zova is installed on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure you are logged into the same Profile on all devices.
- Make sure you have connected Apple Health on your iPhone and turned on 'All Categories' when prompted.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Connecting with iPhone
As soon as you start a workout on your iPhone, Zova's Apple Watch app should automatically open and display your Heart Zones. If it doesn't automatically start please:
- Force quit Zova on your iPhone. If you don't know how here's instructions.
- Force quit Zova on your Apple Watch – With Zova open, press and hold the side button to show the power options. Then press and hold the Digital Crown to quit Zova.
- Try again making sure to have Bluetooth and Wifi switched on for both devices.
Connecting with iPad
Connecting on iPad is easy, however before you do make sure:
- You are logged into the same Profile on iPad and iPhone.
- Your iPhone is in the same room (this is because your heart rate travels to your iPad via iPhone).
- Make sure Personal Hotspot is turned off.
Connecting with Apple TV
Connecting on Apple TV is easy, however before you do please make sure:
- You are logged into the same Profile on Apple TV and iPhone.
- Your iPhone is in the same room (this is because your heart rate travels to your Apple TV via iPhone).
- If you have an iPad, make sure it does not have Zova open when trying to sync with Apple TV.